Public notice of filing fee
Pursuant to Chapter 193 of the 2011 Statutes (Assem. Bill No. 110), effective August 30, 2011, the filing fee is $325 for the following documents where they are the first document filed in the Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court by a party other than the appellant or petitioner in a civil case:
- Any application or opposition to an application;
- Any motion or opposition to a motion;
- Any respondent's brief in an appeal in the Court of Appeal;
- Any preliminary opposition to a petition for a writ, excluding a preliminary opposition requested by the court unless the court has notified the parties that it is considering issuing a peremptory writ in the first instance;
- Any return (by demurrer, verified answer, or both) after the court issues an alternative writ or order to show cause;
- Any answer to a petition for review in the Supreme Court; and
- Any brief after the Supreme Court grants review.
The new fee will not be charged for any mediation statement form, case screening form, or other document filed as part of a court's appellate mediation program.