Division Six: JUSTICE PAUL H. COFFEE
Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, Second District, Division 6, April 15, 1997.
Assigned to sit Pro Tem for the Court of Appeal, Second District, Division 6, June 1995.
San Luis Obispo Superior Court, January 1992-1997, assignments included Civil Fast Track, Juvenile, Probate, Family Law and Presiding Judge.
- Presiding Judge, Masters in Trial Demonstration sponsored by the Foundation of American Board of Trial Advocates, Santa Barbara/Ventura/San Luis Obispo Chapter, February 28, 1997, Santa Barbara, California.
- Planning Committees for CJER and CJA for Civil Procedure Institutes and Annual Meetings, 1996.
- CJA Committee on Standardization of Local Rules, 1995-1996.
- CJA Committee on Civil Procedure, 1994-1996.
- Judicial Council Special Task Force on Business Courts, 1995-1996.
- Judicial Council Standing Advisory Committee on Civil and Small Claims Procedures, 1993-1997.
- Juvenile Justice/Delinquency Prevention Commission, 1992-1993.
- Cow County Judges Association, 1992-1997.
- California Judges Association, 1992.
- U.S. Navy League (Central Coast Council), 1990 (President 1996).
- American College of Trial Lawyers, 1984.
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 1982 (President 1989, Santa Barbara/Ventura/San Luis Obispo Chapter).
- International Association of Defense Counsel, 1980-1992.
- San Luis Obispo County Bar Association, 1976-1992 (Board of Directors 1985-1986).
- American Bar Association, 1976-1992.
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California, 1963-1992 (President 1989).
- Hoge, Fenton, Jones & Appel, Partner, San Luis Obispo, California, 1975-1992.
- Wines, Coffee & Robinson, Associate and Partner, 1963-1975.
- U.S. Navy 1954-1959, Designated Naval Aviator 1956, highest rank - Lieutenant
- Admitted to California Bar, January 15, 1963.
- J.D. Degree, University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1962.
- B.S. Degree, University of California, Berkeley, 1954.
- Born July 10, 1932, Madera, California. Separated. Two children. Enjoy traveling.
- Political affiliation: Republican. Religion: Catholic.