Electronic submission is the submission of an electronic copy of a document to the reviewing court. Briefs or writs submitted electronically are not a substitute for, but an addition to, the required paper filings which constitute the official court record.
You may submit one electronic copy in addition to the original and eight paper copies for any of the following documents:
- Petition for Review (PR)
- Answer to Petition for Review (APR)
- Reply to Answer to Petition for Review (RTA)
- Opening Brief on the Merits (OBM)
- Answer Brief on the Merits (ABM)
- Reply Brief on the Merits (RBM)
- Amicus Curiae Brief (ACB)
- Answer to Amicus Curiae Brief (AAC)
- Appellant's Opening Brief (AOB)
- Respondent's Brief (RB)
- Appellant's Reply Brief (ARB)
- Letter Brief (LB)
- Supplemental Brief (SB)
- Supplemental Reply Brief (SRB)
- Petition for Rehearing (PFR)
- Answer to Petition for Rehearing (ARP)
- Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus (PWH)
- Amended Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus (AWH)
- Informal Response to Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus (IHC)
- Reply to Informal Response to Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus (RHC)
- Petition for Writ of Mandate/Prohibition (PWM)
- Opposition to Petition for Writ of Mandate/Prohibition (OPW)
- Reply to Opposition to Petition for Writ of Mandate/Prohibition (RPW)
- Petition for Writ of Error Coram Nobis (PCN)
- Petition for Writ of Error Coram Vobis (PCV)
- Exceptions/Briefing re Referee's Report (EXC)
- Return to Order to Show Cause (RSC)
- Traverse (TRV)
Please ensure that your documents are named with the following convention:
Abbreviations are provided above, next to their respective documents.
Documents must be:
- A single, text-searchable PDF file. Please note that scanned images are NOT text-searchable.
- Unlocked (i.e., no passwords or saving as a PDF/A)
- No more than 5 MB in size
- An exact duplicate of the paper copy.
Note: Eight paper copies must still be submitted.