August 7, 2015 Meeting (Closed)
Time 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
The 18-member advisory committee is comprised of appellate court justices, trial court judicial officers, judicial administrators, prosecutors, criminal defense lawyers, and probation officers, and advisory staff from the Administrative Office of the Courts and reports directly to the Judicial Council. Members are appointed by the Chief Justice for a three-year term. The current membership term runs until Oct 31, 2015.
Download the committee roster.
- Hon. Tricia Ann Bigelow, Chair, Presiding Justice of the Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, Division Eight
- Hon. J. Richard Couzens (Ret.), Vice-Chair, Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Placer
- Mr. John R. Abrahams, Public Defender (Ret.), Sonoma County Public Defender’s Office
- Mr. Ronald L. Brown, Public Defender, Los Angeles County Public Defender's Office
- Hon. Hilary A. Chittick, Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Fresno
- Hon. Ronald S. Coen, Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
- Ms. Melissa Fowler-Bradley, Court Executive Officer, Superior Court of California, County of Shasta
- Hon. Janet Gaard, Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Yolo
- Mr. Mack A. Jenkins, Chief Probation Officer, San Diego County Probation Department
- Mr. Jay Kohorn, Assistant Director, California Appellate Project, Los Angeles
- Hon. Sam Lavorato, Jr., Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Monterey
- Hon. Charlaine F. Olmedo, Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
- Hon. Nancy E. O'Malley, District Attorney, Alameda County
- Hon. Allen H. Sumner, Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Sacramento
- Ms. Rosalie Tucker, Court Operations Manager, Superior Court of California, County of El Dorado
- Mr. Mark A. Urry, Branch Director, North County Division, Superior Court of California, County of San Diego
- Hon. Stephen M. Wagstaffe, District Attorney, San Mateo County
- Mr. Lance Winters Senior Assistant Attorney General, California Attorney General's Office
- Mr. Arturo Castro, Lead Staff, Supervising Attorney, Criminal Justice Services, Operations & Programs Division, Judicial Council of California
The committee is charged with making recommendations to the council for improving the administration of justice in criminal proceedings. The committee identifies issues and concerns confronting the judiciary in the areas of criminal procedure, practice, and case management and suggests solutions and responses.