Effective June 30, 2014, original proceedings must be filed through the Court’s electronic filing system, TrueFiling. As of June 30, 2014, all civil, criminal, juvenile and original proceedings must be e-filed in the First District pursuant to California Rules of Court, rule 8.70.
Self-represented parties may, but are not required to do so, register for electronic filing through TrueFiling. If a self-represented party does not use TrueFiling, any brief that is filed in paper form must continue to comply with California Rules of Court, rules 8.40, 8.44, 8.204 and 8.212.
Amended Local Rule 16
- Effective March 17, 2014, mandatory e-filing in civil cases
- Effective June 2, 2014, mandatory e-filing criminal and juvenile cases
- Effective June 30, 2014, mandatory e-filing in original proceedings
For trouble-shooting registration problems go to: http://www.imagesoftinc.com/support.html
TrueFiling phone support is (855) 959-8868, hours of operation Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 6:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time
TrueFiling Training Videos
TrueFiling provides a training video library covering twenty short topic segments for ready reference. The videos will help an end-user become more familiar with TrueFiling functionality and usage. A wide range of topics are covered, from logging in to searching, to filing, and contacting the court. The following are quick links to some of the topics:
- Enrolling in TrueFiling This video will walk you through the process of enrolling your firm in TrueFiling.
- Accepting an Invitation After the TrueFiling administrator for your firm invites you to become a part of the firm on TrueFiling, this video will walk you through the remaining steps of getting signed up.
- Logging In This video walks through the steps of logging in to TrueFiling.
- Nuts & Bolts of FilingThis video explores the filing process from start to finish and covers a few pitfalls to avoid.
- Attachments If the primary document you submitted in a filing for a case did not contain all of the information (it was the first page in a multi-page document), you can utilize attachments as they are outlined in this video to include the extra pages.
- Check the Status Of A Filing This video details the process for checking on the status of each of your filings.
- Official Filed Copies Of Documents An official file-stamped version of the document on file will be made available for you to download, as explained in this video.
- Payment Receipts TrueFiling bills each filing transaction separately. To see the breakdown of how a filing was charged by TrueFiling, follow the steps outlined in this video.
The California Appellate Courts Case Information System provides case information for California Supreme Court and Court of Appeal cases. Case information is updated once an hour throughout the business day.
The 1st District is located in San Francisco. Its jurisdiction is over the following counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Solano, and Sonoma. It is divided into five non-geographical divisions with four justices each. READ MORE >>