Distinguished Service Award
The Distinguished Service Award is the highest award presented by the Judicial Council of California. The award honors California judicial branch members, federal, state, or local justice partners, or individuals for their extraordinary dedication, outstanding leadership, and significant contributions to advancing the council's strategic goals for the judicial branch:
- Access, fairness, and diversity;
- Independence and accountability;
- Modernization of management and administration;
- Quality of justice and service to the public;
- Education for branchwide professional excellence;
- Branchwide infrastructure for service excellence; and
- Adequate, stable and predictable funding for a fully functioning branch.
The nomination period for the Distinguished Service Award is now open. The Chief Justice invites you to submit your nominations today. The submission deadline is Monday, June 1, 2015.
You may also download the nomination form and e-mail your submissions to Distinguished.Service@jud.ca.gov. Nominations may also be mailed to:
Judicial Council Support Office
455 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102-3688
Note: Current Judicial Council members are not eligible to receive the Distinguished Service Award.
2015 award recipients will be announced in August. To see past recipients, visit Distinguished Service Award recipients 1993–2014