CANCELED: May 10, 2016 Meeting (Closed)
May 24, 2016 Meeting (Closed)
12:10 - 1:00 p.m.
June 14, 2016 Meeting (Closed)
12:10 - 1:10 p.m.
June 28, 2016 Meeting (Closed)
12:10 - 1:10 p.m.
Recent Canceled Meetings
March 22, April 5 and 19, May 3, 7, and 31, and June 7.
The thirteen-member advisory committee is comprised of superior court judicial officers; court administrators; a criminal defense attorney, a representative of the Department of Motor Vehicles, the California Highway Patrol, and the California Office of Traffic Safety, and advisory staff from the Judicial Council and reports directly to the Judicial Council. Members are appointed by the Chief Justice for a three-year term. The current membership term runs until November 1.
Download the Committee Roster
- Hon. Gail Dekreon, Chair, Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco
- Ms. Jacklyn A. Bentley, Esquire, Law Office of Jacklyn Bentley
- Hon. Kenneth N. Brody, Commissioner of the Superior Court of California, County of Sacramento
- Hon. Jason Anthony Clay, Commissioner of the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda
- Hon. Gail Dekreon, Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco
- Captain Rich Desmond, Office of Special Representatives, California Highway Patrol
- Mr. Michael Gatiglio, Senior Administrator, Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
- Hon. James K. Hahn, Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
- Hon. David V. Herriford, Judge of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
- Hon. James P. Madden, Commissioner of the Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara
- Hon. J. Kent O’Mara, Commissionerof the Superior Court of California, County of Yolo
- Ms. Farm Saeturn, Branch Chief, California Department of Motor Vehicles
- Ms. Stephanie Saracco-Reed, Court Operations Manager, Superior Court of California, County of San Diego
- Ms. Leslie Witten-Rood, Assistant Director, California Office of Traffic Safety
Judicial Council Staff to the Committee
- Mr. Courtney Tucker, Lead Staff Attorney, Criminal Justice Services, Operations & Programs Division, Judicial Council of California
The Traffic Advisory Committee was created in 1995 and works toward improving the administration of justice in the adjudication of traffic and bail-forfeitable offenses; identifies policy issues and recommends rules and model procedures that will make the handling of traffic and bail-forfeitable offenses more consistent statewide.
The mission of the Traffic Advisory Committee is to:
- Ensure fairness and justice in traffic court;
- Promote traffic safety awareness and adherence to traffic laws;
- Increase public understanding of, access to, and ease in the handling of traffic citations;
- Minimize the number of court contacts required to adjudicate traffic infraction citations;
- Increase the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of traffic citation processing; and
- Increase statewide standardization and uniformity in the administration and adjudication of traffic matters.
On a continuing basis, the Traffic Advisory Committee:
- Prepares and disseminates annual Uniform Bail and Penalty Schedules;
- Analyzes legislative proposals relating to traffic;
- Develops and revises traffic-related rules and forms, circulates them as proposals for comment, and assesses responses to the proposals;
- Designs, circulates for comment, and presents to the Judicial Council revisions to the Notice to Appear citation form for infractions and misdemeanors;
- Creates materials on traffic-related issues for court personnel to use in community outreach; and
- Considers proposals about traffic issues from members of the public, court management staff, the Legislature, law enforcement officials, and staff members of other agencies.