Website Technical Assistance
Accessible Court Forms and Web pages
Court forms appearing on this website are created in Hyper-Text Markup Language (HTML) or Portable Document Format (PDF). To make the court forms more accessible, you can:
1. Adjust the font size of the page by:
For HTML documents:
- Hold down the "Ctrl" key and press the "+" key. You can make text smaller by holding down the "Ctrl" key and pressing the "-" key.
To change the size of text every time you open up a PDF document, including PDF forms:
- With the PDF document open, hold down the "Ctrl" key and press "K" to view the "Preferences" dialog box.
- Next, click "Display" (for Adobe® Reader® 5) or "Page Display" (for Adobe Reader 6 or higher) and use the "Default Zoom" pull-down menu to change the zoom percentage and therefore the text size.
2. Change the color contrast of a form:
- Hold down the "Ctrl" key and press "K" to view the "Preferences" dialog box.
- Use the "Color Scheme" controls (in Adobe® Reader® 5) or "Document Color Options" (in Adobe Reader 6) or Color Management (Adobe Reader 7 or higher) to change the color contrast of a form.
Accessing PDF documents with Adobe® Reader® 8 and Screen Reader
Adobe's Website provides:
Using Accessibility Features and Preferences in, Acrobat 8 and 9
In Acrobat 8.0 or higher, under the Advanced pull-down menu, you can find Accessibility
and then Set Up Assistant to use the following features for accessible reading
of PDF documents:
- Preferences and commands to optimize output for assistive software and devices,
such as saving as accessible text for a Braille printer
- Preferences and commands to make navigation of PDFs more accessible, such
as automatic scrolling and opening PDFs to the last page read
- Keyboard alternates to mouse actions
- Reflow capability to temporarily present the text of a PDF in a single easy-to-read
- Read Out Loud text-to-speech conversion.
- Support for screen readers and screen magnifiers
View Adobe's tutorial
on using accessibility features in Acrobat 8 , which includes detailed
instructions and screen shots.