Public comments on the Commission for Impartial Courts draft recommendations to the Judicial Council will be accepted preceding this meeting beginning at 10:00 am. Note that the remainder of the meeting will be closed for executive session.
Members of the public who wish to address the steering committee must submit a request of no more than two pages by close of business August 3, 2009. Please address requests as follows:
Commission for Impartial Courts
Administrative Office of the Courts
455 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco, California 94102
All requests to speak must include the following information:
- Recommendation number to be addressed;
- A written transcript of the proposed statement;
- The name, residence, and occupation of the person requesting to speak and, if applicable, the name, address, and purpose of the agency or organization that the speaker represents;
- Telephone number and/or e-mail address of the person requesting to speak in order to contact for scheduling and, if applicable, the telephone number of the agency or organization that the speaker represents;
- If request is mailed, the words "Request to Speak" must be displayed prominently on the envelope containing the request; and
- A copy of any written materials the speaker proposes to distribute at the meeting.
The Commission for Impartial Courts will respond to your request before the meeting. The Commission may grant the request in part or whole, circulate any written materials, or take other action it deems appropriate.