Distinguished Service Award
The Distinguished Service Award is the highest award presented by the Judicial Council of California. The award honors California judicial branch members, federal, state, or local justice partners, or individuals for their extraordinary dedication, outstanding leadership, and significant contributions to advancing the council's strategic goals for the judicial branch:
- Access, fairness, and diversity;
- Independence and accountability;
- Modernization of management and administration;
- Quality of justice and service to the public;
- Education for branchwide professional excellence;
- Branchwide infrastructure for service excellence; and
- Adequate, stable and predictable funding for a fully functioning branch.
The nomination period for the 2015 Distinguished Service Award is now closed.
Note: Current Judicial Council members are not eligible to receive the Distinguished Service Award.
2015 award recipients will be announced in August. To see past recipients, visit Distinguished Service Award recipients 1993–2014