Funded by Senate Bill 1732
Initial Funding Year: FY 2006-2007
"Fresno County's B.F. Sisk Courthouse Dedication"
transcript (PDF, 7KB)
The B. F. Sisk Courthouse, constructed in 1967 as a federal building and courthouse, was vacated by the federal government after the Robert E. Coyle United States Courthouse was dedicated in October 2005. Under Public Law 108-221, 108th Congress, the federal government conveyed title to the B. F. Sisk Courthouse to the State for use by the Superior Court for $1 with the stipulation that the building be used for the administration of justice. The Sisk building has been completely renovated with capacity for up to 16 courtrooms and support space for civil and family courts.
Criminal court functions will remain in the existing Fresno County Courthouse, which the AOC is also renovating, and will be able to expand into space vacated by court functions moving into the Sisk building. The court will also be able to terminate the lease for the Family Law Facilitator & Spanish Speaking Self-Help Center when these functions are consolidated with other family court support functions moving from the existing Fresno County Courthouse into the Sisk building.
Construction began in July 2008 and was completed on budget in November 2010.
|Administrative Office of the Courts
Judicial Branch Capital Program Office
455 Golden Gate Avenue, 8th Floor
San Francisco, California
|FOR COURTS TO REPORT FACILITY ISSUES|
Customer Service Center:
888-225-3583 or email@example.com