You may not need all of these forms. Or you may need more forms. If you are not sure which forms to use, talk to your family law facilitator, self-help center, or a lawyer. Click for help finding a lawyer.

NOTE: All California courts use the same basic set of forms. But some courts have special, local forms, too. To see if you will need any special, local forms, contact your court clerk or check your court’s website. The forms may be posted on their site. If not, the site will list the address and phone number of your local courthouse.

To download a form (in PDF format), click on the form number in the appropriate table. If the form you need is fillable, you will be able to fill and print it out.

Forms - Filing for Divorce or Separation

Form Name Form Number Purpose Instructions

Petition — Marriage/Domestic Partnership


To start a divorce or legal separation when you are married, registered domestic partners, or both. Lists dates, children, property, and debts.

Click for the information sheet on the Legal Steps for a Divorce or Legal Separation (FL-107-INFO).

Legal Steps for a Divorce or Legal Separation (FL-107-INFO).

Summons (Family Law) FL-110 Tells your spouse or domestic partner that a court case has started and what will happen if he or she does not respond in 30 days.
Proof of Service of Summons (Family Law — Uniform Parentage — Custody and Support) FL-115 Tells the court you had the papers served on your spouse or domestic partner
If you have children under the age of 18 with your spouse or domestic partner, fill out Form FL-105 and file it with your petition:
Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) FL-105/GC-120 Tells the judge who the children have been living with and if any other custody orders exist that involve this case. Instructions for Form FL-105
 Child Custody and Visitation (Parenting Time) Application Attachment Form FL-311 Optional form, but it may help you ensure you do not leave anything out of your request.
If you need more room on your petition to list your property and debts, use the following form:
Property Declaration (Family Law) FL-160 Lists each item of property and debt and whether you think it is community or separate property

Click for information on fee waivers.

Form Name    Form Number Purpose Instructions
Declaration of Disclosure FL-140 Cover sheet listing all attachments included with your preliminary disclosure.

Income and Expense Declaration 


Gives your financial information to the court and to your spouse or domestic partner.

You need to attach:
• A copy of pay stubs for the last 2 months, OR
• A recent profit and loss statement if you are self-employed or own any rental property.

Schedule of Assets and Debts     

or a

Property Declaration



List of your property and debts. You can choose either form.

Declaration Regarding Service of Declaration of Disclosure FL-141 This form tells the court you sent your disclosure documents as required. This is the only financial disclosure-related form you have to file with the court.