|     printer icon  Printer-friendly version of this page
Image of the Judicial Council of California Seal

2023 California Rules of Court

Rule 5.60. Petition or complaint; alternative relief

(a) Format

A party starting a family law case must file an appropriate petition or complaint using a form approved by the Judicial Council. Where the Judicial Council has not approved a specific petition or complaint form, the party must submit the petition or complaint in an appropriate format under Trial Court Rules, rules 2.100 through 2.119.

(b) Request for alternative relief

The petitioner or respondent may request alternative relief when filing a family law action. The request for alternative relief must be indicated in the petition or response.

Rule 5.60 adopted effective January 1, 2013.

[ Back to Top ]