Veteran and Military Issues

If you are a member of the military or a veteran and are involved in a court case, you may have certain rights and protections. To let the court know you are or were in the armed services or reserves, you can use the form Notification of Military Status (Form MIL-100). This form can also be used by someone on behalf of a member of the military or a veteran.

Other resources for members of the military, veterans, and their families:

ABA Home Front
Legal resources for military families. Includes a directory of assistance programs by state. Click for the California directory. Veterans and Military

Resources for Recently Activated Military Personnel
The California Department of Child Support Services provides information for recently activated personnel with child support orders.

Legal help for military members, veterans and their families. Includes information on several topics like benefits, education, employment, family law, estate planning, housing, immigration, etc. You can find forms and letters, and legal help in your area.

Veterans Treatment Court
Learn more about veterans treatment courts, which target the root causes of veterans' criminal behavior. The goal of these courts is to resolve criminal cases through treatment and support. In these courts, veterans take part in a program tailored to address their needs.

Site Map | Careers | Contact Us | Accessibility | Public Access to Records | Terms of Use | Privacy | Newsroom