The AOC seeks the services of a consultant with expertise in analyzing total compensation, including pay practices in both government and the private sector, to recommend panel attorney compensation that will fairly reflect the market and help maintain the viability of the program.
The consultant will be asked to use a methodology reflecting currently accepted best practices to:
- Identify compensation and benefit factors that make up total compensation for the purposes of this study.
- Compare current panel attorney compensation and benefits practices and levels with those of attorneys in the state Attorney General’s Office who represent the People on appeal, as well as other legal professionals as appropriate.
- Recommend appropriate compensation rates of panel attorneys based on this research that also takes into account overhead, benefits, and other relevant factors.
- Provide recommendations on implementing a process to keep panel attorney compensation current and competitive.
- Provide recommendations on areas that may be explored by the AOC to provide changes or improvements on panel attorney compensation.
Written proposals must be received no later than Monday, 1:00 p.m., June 12, 2006.
Additional information is set forth in Request for Proposal (RFP) No. ATCJS-1