You may not need all of these forms. Or you may need more forms. If you are not sure which forms to use, talk to a lawyer. Click for help finding a lawyer

NOTE: All California courts use the same basic set of forms. But some courts have special local forms, too. To see if you will need any special, local forms, contact your court clerk or check your court's website. The forms may be posted on their site. If not, the site will list the address and phone number of your local courthouse.

Forms for Traffic (Infraction) Cases

Forms for Traffic Infraction Cases in the Trial Court

To download a form, click on the form number.

Form Name  Form Number  Information Sheet
Instructions to Defendant (Trial by Written Declaration -- Traffic)


Request for Trial by Written Declaration TR-205
Notice and Instructions to Arresting Officer TR-210
Decision and Notice of Decision TR-215
Request for New Trial (Trial de Novo) (Trial by Written Declaration) TR-220
Order and Notice to Defendant of New Trial (Trial de Novo) TR-225

Click for all traffic forms

Forms for Appeals in Traffic Infraction Cases

 To download a form, click on the form number.

Form Name  Form Number  Information Sheet
Information on Appeal Procedures for Infractions


Notice of Appeal and Record of Oral Proceedings (Infraction) CR-142
Proposed Statement on Appeal (Infraction) CR-143
Order Concerning Appellant’s Proposed Statement on Appeal (Infraction) CR-144
Abandonment of Appeal (Infraction) CR-145

Click for more information on appealing your traffic case.